|Title of the project/ Program
|Age Disputes Project
|London, Leeds, Birmingham, UK
|Refugee Council (Charity)
|Age of target group
|This project works with young people who have been age disputed by the Home Office or the local authorities.
|Why is this project considered good practice?
|Project provides support for emotional and practical issues, liaises with social workers and solicitors to ensure best solution for children who may be in detention centres due to disputed age problem.
- to protect separated children
- to ensure that separated children are cared for by the local authority
- safeguard vulnerable children
- to ensure that the client has been given a fair assessment
- one-to-one work with young people
- the operation of a case-work service
- correct safeguarding procedures are in place to guarantee fair assessment with regards to the age dispute
|For further reading or information