Doing it together?
Module 2 is part of the Socioeconomic Empowerment Toolkit (hereafter SET). It has been created in the framework of PAPYRUS (Professional Action and Practice for Young Refugees and Asylum Seekers) project, which has been implemented in 2015-2018 period, in 5 European countries. Project purpose was to enable greater availability of toolkits aiming at inclusion and integration of young migrants.
- To upgrade participants knowledge and experience of teamwork through practical learning activities;
- To upgrade participants knowledge and experience of conflict resolution in teams
Who are end users – training participants?
The module is intended for (young) people who want to be better prepared for working effectively in a team.
What kind of resources and how to use them?
Every module pertaining to the SET is composed of ready to use materials for preparation and delivery of a training. Some materials are intended only for educators and are created in the form of written instructions on how to prepare and implement different segments of training, while some materials are intended for participants, to be used during and after the training.
WALKTHROUGH DOCUMENT is a document for educators, which describes the activity flow, from opening to completion of training, through the prism of the smallest segments of the training. In this document, educators are indicated when to introduce different segments in training sessions, and what materials they are supposed to use in that particular segment.
INSTRUCTIONS is a written document for educators on how to organize a particular task, play a game or a lead discussion. The document contains instructions on the size of the group and the method of work (individual, in pairs or groups), the way of organizing activities, the purpose of activities and what additional materials should be used in the implementation of the activity.
PRESENTATIONS are audiovisual materials used during the delivery of tutorials, for visual illustration of the content.
HANDOUTS are printed materials to be used by participants during a task or a play/game. Handouts are distributed to participants by an assistant educator before the start of the task/ play.
MODULE 2 CONTENT
2. Tutorial 2: Belbin team roles
3. Tutorial 3: On Conflicts, Resolutions and Teambuilding
4. Instruction 1: Bingo
5. Instruction 2: Tree of expectation
6. Instruction 3: Our rules
7. Instruction 4: Team architect
8. Instruction 5: Story-telling
9. Instruction 6: Individual reflection
10. Instruction 7: I like about person next to me
11. Instruction 8: Ball toss brainstorm
12. Instruction 9: Group reflection
13. Instruction 10: What I got from today?
14. Instruction 11: Yes, Lets!
15. Instruction 12: Name&action Symbol
16. Instruction 13: Telephone
17. Instruction 14: Boom
18. Instruction 15/Handout-7: Moon Landing
19. Instruction 16: Team debate
20. Instruction 17: My good neighbour
21. Instruction 18: Thunderstorm
22. Instruction 19: Belbin test
23. Handout 1: Bingo cards
24. Handout 2: Group-team comparison
25. Handout 3: Story-telling
26. Handout 4: Belbin test
27. Handout 5: Belbin team roles
28. Handout 6: Belbin To Do (Not) List
29. Handout 8: Evaluation questionnaire
30. Presentation 1: Introduction to the module
31. Presentation 2: On Teams & teamwork
32. Presentation 3: Individual vs. teamwork
33. Presentation 4: Belbin team roles
34. Presentation 5: Conflicts & resolution
35. Presentation 6: Teambuilding
36. Presentation 7: Belbin test
- G. Abudi (2010). The Five Stages of Project Team Development. [Online: retrieved from www.pmhut.com/the-five-stages-of-project-team-development]
- B. W. Tuckman & MAC Jensen (1977), ‘Stages of small group development revisited’, Group and Organization Studies, vol.2, no.4, pp.419-27.
- Icons: www.flaticon.com
- Miller, B.C. (2004). Quick Team-building Activities for Busy Managers 50 exercises. American Management Association
- Principles of Teambuilding, TEAM FME, 2013 derived from http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/dldebk-pdf/fme-team-building.pdf
- Dispute Resolution: Working Together Toward Conflict Resolution on the Job and at Home. Program on Negotiation, Harvard Law School 2008-2018, Report
- Stojanović M., Socioeconomic Empowerment Toolkit; Module 6: Outstanding candidate, Western Balkans Institute, Belgrade, 2018