Module 6 is part of the Socioeconomic Empowerment Toolkit. It has been created in the framework of PAPYRUS (Professional Action and Practice for Young Refugees and Asylum Seekers) project, which has been implemented in 2015-2018 period, in 5 European countries. Project purpose was to enable greater availability of toolkits aiming at inclusion and integration of young migrants.
- To stimulate a positive attitude towards active job seeking through learning how to prepare well and to act as an outstanding candidate
- To train participants to prepare a CV that highlights their qualities and point them out them from others
- To teach the participants how best to prepare, so that in the job interview, they make a convincing appearance.
Who are end users – training participants?
The module is intended for people who want to be better prepared for seeking for a job.
What kind of resources and how to use them?
Every module part of the Socioeconomic Empowerment Toolkit is composed of a set of resources for preparation and delivery of a training. Some resources are intended only for educators, and are created in the form of written instructions on how to prepare and implement different segments of training, while some materials are intended for participants, to be used during and after the training.
WALKTHROUGH DOCUMENT is document for educators, which describes the activity flow, from opening to completion of training, through the prism of the smallest segments of the training. In this document, educators are indicated when they introduce different segments in training session, and what materials they are supposed to use in that particular segment.
INSTRUCTIONS are written instructions for educators, how to organize a particular task, a play or a discussion. The document contains instructions marked with symbols, with the following meaning:
PRESENTATIONS are audiovisual materials used during the delivery of tutorials, for visual illustration of the content.
HANDOUTS are printed materials to be used by participants during a task or play. Handouts are distributed to participants by an assistant educator before the start of the task / play.
MODULE 6 CONTENT
1. Tutorial 1: Employers view – from identification to hiring
2. Tutorial 2: My expectations & my competences
3. Tutorial 3: Extraordinary CV
4. Tutorial 4: Outstanding interview
5. Instruction 1: My dream job
6. Instruction 2: Our rules
7. Instruction 3: My expectations, ambition and motivation
8. Instruction 4: My competences
9. Instruction 5: A’s & B’s
10. Instruction 6: Do you have your own CV
11. Instruction 7: My CV
12. Instruction 8: Evaluation of the day
13. Instruction 9: My good neighbor
14. Instruction 10: Boom
15. Instruction 11: Wrapping up
16. Instruction 12: Elevator statement
17. Instruction 13: The Caterpillar
18. Instruction 14: My story for telling
19. Instruction 15: Interview live!
20. Instruction 16: Introspection
21. Instruction 17: Story-telling
22. Handout 1: My dream job
23. Handout 2: My expectations, ambition and motivation
24. Handout 3: My competences
25. Handout 4: My CV
26. Handout 5: Story-telling
27. Handout 6A: Job advertisement (A)
28. Handout 6B: Job advertisement (B)
29. Handout 7: Evaluation form
30. Presentation 1: Introduction to the module
31. Presentation 2: Employers view
32. Presentation 3: Competences and expectations
33. Presentation 4: Extraordinary CV
34. Presentation 5: Outstanding interview
- Gusdorf M., Recruitment and Selection: Hiring the Right Person, 2008
- Mondy, R. W., Human resource management, 2008
- A Guide to Outstanding Interviews, Manitoba
- Subotić S., Kako napisati ‘’Elevator Pitch?’’, 2012
- Glassdoor Survey 2017